Boost up your knowledge with the wide range of writings.
By Steve Torres | July 02, 2020
How To Prevent DDoS Attacks: 7 Tips To Keep Your Website Safe
Be it a small or big organization, a distributed denial of service or DDoS is always catastrophic. Few of the consequences include reputation loss, money loss, brand dilapidation & a lot more. This shows how important prevention of a DDoS attack is. We have jotted down a comprehensive list of website security tips for your convenience. Following these tips is mandatory for any website development services that wants to keep negative impacts at bay.
Steps for Preventing Attacks
- Securing the network infrastructure – If you want to know how to prevent DNS attacks, then start with this step. Moderating network security attacks is possible with multi-level safeguarding tactics in place. This includes prevention of advanced intrusion & risk management systems. The systems include VPN, content filtering, firewalls, load balancing, etc. Together these facilitate constant network protection for preventing DDoS attacks from taking place. This can incorporate everything starting from discovering traffic inconsistencies along with high precision level for stopping the attack.
- Maintaining robust network architecture – Going through website safety checks Google is important for ensuring the safety of your organization at all times. Maintaining security becomes more efficient as you focus on protected network architecture. Crafting superfluous network resources is vital. In case one of the servers is attacked, other servers can manage the added network traffic. Also the position of the servers matter. For instance, situating the servers in varied places geographically is critical. Attackers find it difficult to target extensive resources.
Read Now:- How AI is Improving Website Development
- Building a DDoS response plan – One of the best ways of DDoS attacks prevention is building a plan depending on a systematic security assessment. Big companies will need a complex infrastructure and numerous teams for correct DDoS planning. When you build an instant response plan, you are forming an all-inclusive defense strategy. A response plan can sometimes get exhaustive based on the infrastructure. The foremost step to take in the event of an attack is defining how the problem will end. Preparing the data center from prior is important. The entire team must learn about their responsibilities. In this manner, it is possible to decrease the effect on the business. You can save yourself & your business from several months of revival. For all the types of DDoS attacks, companies cannot buy much time for contemplating the following steps. Hence defining the plan in advance is vital for enabling instant reactions. Systems checklist, defining escalation procedures, list of external & internal contacts and shaping a response team are some important steps that a business can take.
- Practicing fundamental network security – To combat memcached amplification attacks, user error needs to be as little as possible. Robust security practices means that business networks will always be safe. Secure practices incorporate intricate passwords that undergo change regularly. Secure web application firewalls & anti-phishing methods are other practices that permit very less outside traffic. It is true that these practices alone can never stop DDoS attacks on ISPS but these definitely function as a decisive security foundation.
- Purchasing more bandwidth – Your business infrastructure must be secure & strong enough for preventing DDoS attack networks. So you need to attain adequate bandwidth for managing spikes in the traffic which can lead to malicious activities. When there is more amount of bandwidth at the disposal, attackers will find it a lot more challenging to carry out a successful attack. So employ such website security tips time to time for ensuring peace of mind.
- Configuring the network hardware – When you operate a website DDoS checker, you will know that common hardware configuration amends can prevent attacks. For example, you can block all DNS responses from the outside of the network. This is done by blocking the UDP port 53. You can also configure the router or firewall for dropping inward ICMP packets. Not just DNS but the configuration changes also prevent volumetric attacks.
- Safeguard the DNS servers – If an attacker is DDoSing the DNS servers, and then he might also put the web servers’ offline. This makes redundant DNS servers mandatory. The servers must be positioned in various data centers. You can also pace them behind the load balancers. It will be a better idea if you can move to a cloud-based DNS provider. They can provide high bandwidth. They can also offer numerous points-of-presence in the data centers all over the globe. Such services are designed specifically for preventing DDoS attacks. This kind of a website safety scanner is a must.
Any kind of DDoS attack for a company is throbbing. This has enhanced the commands for multi-layered safety solutions. The website security tips as mentioned above can offer complete protection from DDoS attacks. A sound website development company not only provides stunning websites but helps prevent attacks with various solutions as well. Contact us today to know more.
Join the hand to hire the most reliable Indian web development company now!
Brookfield Place, 230 Vesey St, New York, NY 10281, USA
Maidstone ME16 0ZG, United Kingdom
Apartment 512 Building 49,
P. No.31,Shree Krishna Tower,
Nirman Nagar- E,
Opposite Asopa Hospital,
Jaipur (Raj.) India